UNF student Anthony Stagnitta released after being arrested for distributing and collecting child pornography

Hannah Lee, Editor-in-Chief

Anthony Stagnitta mugshot. Courtesy of Bradford County Sheriff’s Office.

Anthony Stagnitta has been charged on two counts of distributing child pornography on his phone through the instant-messaging app, Kik.

Stagnitta was arrested on April 30 after a federal investigation revealed that Stagnitta had collected and distributed sexual pornography involving infants. During the investigation, federal agents reportedly found 25 images depicting sexual abuse of young boys and girls on his phone.

After being arrested, Stagnitta reportedly admitted to officials that he had received approximately 15 images and videos of child pornography and that he used them for sexual gratification. He later admitted that the file count was closer to 150.

Stagnitta was released on May 25. He must stay within the North and Middle Districts of Florida, refrain from possessing a firearm, submit to a psychiatric evaluation and mental health evaluation, undergo drug testing, participate in the electronic monitoring program, not possess or use any electronic device that can access the internet, not have any contact with minors, and cannot enter an area or location where minors frequently visit.

If Stagnitta fails to follow these conditions or fails to appear in court, he must pay $50,000 as part of his unsecured appearance bond.

Stagnitta is required to report to the federal courthouse on August 6, 2018.

Spinnaker will continue to follow this story.

Hannah Lee, Editor in Chief

Hannah Lee is a senior studying journalism and psychology. Besides staying busy at Spinnaker, she enjoys her time with her family and watching true crime...