UNF Associate Vice President announced as finalist for position at University of Montana

Alex Del Dago and Jessica May

The University of Montana will be gaining a new vice provost for student success all the while UNF may lose the associate vice president for budgets and personnel, Daniel Moon.

Moon is among four other finalists for the position. In Moon’s resume he notes that he was the executive selected to integrate academic affairs and student affairs here at UNF. He also says in his resume that he developed and is leading the process for implementing the university’s strategic plan across all academic units.

Spinnaker has reached out to Moon for comment, but has not received one at the time of publication.

Daniel Moon. Courtesy of University of North Florida.

Moon started at UNF in 2004 as an Assistant Professor of Biology. Then from there, he was able to work his way to an Associate Professor, Assistant Department Chair of Biology to the Department Chair of Biology. Then, in 2012 Moon moved up to being the Associate Vice President and Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Interim Dean of College of Arts and Sciences in 2016 and then to the current position he is working in right now in 2017.

If Moon gets the position and if he accepts the offer, he will be leaving the position of being the Associate Vice President behind. His position at UNF included looking over Student and Academic Affairs. This includes budgets and personnel, housing, Campus Life, the Taylor Leadership institute, recreation and wellness, the Counseling Center, military and veteran services, ombudsmen, student media, disability resource center, the Office of Fraternity and Sorority life, the John A. Delaney Student Union, the child development center, International Center, the English language program, LGBT resource center, and student conduct.

Spinnaker will update this story as more information becomes available.