The UNF Counseling Center gets a new director

Courtney Green, News Editor

After a brief searching phase that was only in the drafting stages as of late July, Dr. Richmond Wynn has been named the new Director of UNF Counseling Center. 

On July 25, it was announced that the Center’s previous director, Dr. Andy King, was stepping down. In his place, Dr. Mike Malec served as interim director until a permanent director could be identified– and it appears that permanent director was found among faculty at UNF rather than from an outside source.

Dr. Richmond Wynn is a professor of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program in the Department of Public Health within the Brooks College of Health. He has been at UNF 19 years, and in this time has earned several awards. In an email to administration dated August 22, Interim Associate Provost Dan Moon wrote that Dr. Wynn will bring “strong visionary leadership, a positive attitude that is inspiring, and a collaborative and inclusive approach to problem solving.”

In a previous interview, Dr. Moon told Spinnaker about the University’s plans to partner the Brooks College of Health and the UNF Counseling Center in order to bring better services to students. In addition to being a professor at UNF, Dr. Wynn also carries with him ten years of experience in the Counseling Center, making him both familiar to those currently utilizing the Center and ideal in terms of future initiatives. 

__