Black Student Union Puts the Jam in Pajamas

Aisling Glocke, Station Manager

Pajamas, dancing, and fun. These three words perfectly sum up the annual Pajama Jam, hosted by Black Student Union.  

“This is an annual thing that we’ve done throughout the years,” Psychology major Jennell Berry explained. “We are reviving it, making it a little better, and hosting an overall larger event.” 

Unlike other years, the Pink Pajama Jam was hosted to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 

Pink Pajama Jam.

“This year we decided to do something different instead of just having a regular party,” said Kira Fellows, a Business Management and Marketing major. “Since it was going to be in October this year, we decided to do it in honor of breast cancer awareness.” 

The event was filled with music and dancing, but also brought awareness to breast cancer in college communities. 

“I believe that it is something that should be taught well before college because it starts at this age and it can only progressively get worse,” Berry said. “But, if we’re educated and we know what we need, then we can slow down the epidemic.”

“I think it’s very important because males and females can get breast cancer,” Fellows added. “I think it’s very important that you get your mammograms annually, and get your biopsies and all that. It’s really important that you are up to your health.”

The club hopes to keep the semester going with more engaging events, like hosting a house at the annual Spook and Swoop. The Black Student Union will host its next general body meeting on October 25. 

_