UNF announces mask requirement on campus

Courtney Green, Managing Editor

In a UNF Marketing email on Thursday, June 25, UNF announced mandatory mask use while on the University’s campus “effective immediately.”

The email states, “To protect the health and safety of the Osprey community, all faculty, staff, students and anyone else on UNF’s campus must wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor areas at all times.”

According to the email, the only exceptions to this rule are “employees working alone in their offices and students who are alone in a room.”

UNF will be welcoming students back for the Fall 2020 semester on August 17.

For more information on the importance of wearing masks, including proper ways to handle and wear face coverings, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines at CDC Face Coverings.

___

• ADHD: What it is and resources available

ADHD: What it is and resources available

• (Swell/Unsplash)

The positives of meal-prepping

• JEA.

Health

JEA lifts boil water advisory

• JEA issued a Boil Water Advisory for affected areas, highlighted in blue, around the Oakridge Water Treatment Plant where E. coli was detected in a water sample on Friday.

Health

JEA issues boil water advisory for UNF and parts of Jacksonville

• FILE - The monkeypox vaccine is seen inside a cooler during a vaccination clinic at the OASIS Wellness Center, Friday, Aug. 19, 2022, in New York. A man in Indonesia has tested positive for monkeypox, making him the country’s first confirmed case of the disease, authorities said late Saturday, Aug. 21, 2022. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File)

Health

Monkeypox on UNF radar

• UNF Student Union

COVID-19 is still here; UNF plan will rely on “honor system,” SHS Director explains

• Colorized image of monkeypox

Health

“Anyone can get it”: Jacksonville detects first cases of monkeypox

• A person looks stressed with a computer and books on their desk

How to avoid college burnout in the upcoming fall semester

• News Fatigue

Tired of hearing bad news?

• Colorized image of monkeypox

Health

What is monkeypox?