Senator Kamala Harris brings campaign to Florida

Darvin Nelson, News Editor

Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris brings her campaign to Jacksonville to encourage early voting after a pause due to several of her staff testing positive for COVID-19. 

Among the first day of in-person voting, Senator Harris will first travel to Orlando for an early voting drive-in rally today at 11:15a.m. The event is meant to encourage residents to mobilize their communities and vote early, according to News4Jax.

Senator Harris will then travel to Jacksonville to encourage locals to vote early at 4:30p.m. Details about the location of the event have not yet been released to the public.

Featured image by Gage Skidmore.

__

• Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer testifies before a House Committee on Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services hearing to review the FY 2016 budget request of the Supreme Court of the United States, on Capitol Hill in Washington, March 23, 2015. Breyer is retiring, giving President Joe Biden an opening he has pledged to fill by naming the first Black woman to the high court, two sources told The Associated Press Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File)

General

AP: Justice Breyer to retire; Biden to fill vacancy

• Members of the Student Fee Assessment Committee deliberate where a $0.43 fee allocation would come from.

General

SG committee members swing for the fences with fee proposal, Administration committee members expect rejection

• University of North Florida COVID-19 cases between Sep. 1, 2021 and Dec. 2, 2021, as reported by the UNF Student Health Center, accessible on the UNF Emergency Management site.

UNF’s fate in the face of Omicron uncertain

• Members of the Student Fees Assessment Committee discuss a proposal during their meeting on Dec. 2, 2021.

General

Committee to finalize student fees proposal Wednesday

• A visitor to the Shougang Park walks past the logos for the Beijing Winter Olympics and Paralympics in Beijing, China, Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021. China on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 threatened to take firm countermeasures if the U.S. proceeds with a diplomatic boycott of Februarys Beijing Winter Olympic Games. (AP Photo/Ng Han Guan)

General

AP: US plans diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympics

• Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

Election Coverage

Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

• The sky glows a gorgeous rosy red as the sun disappears over the horizon of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library parking lot.

General

Parking tickets turn digital at UNF

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

• Shekinah Mitchell’s mural ‘We Are All One’ hangs on the wall in the Intercultural Center’s lounge.

‘We Are All One’ mural on display in UNF’s Intercultural Center

2

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

Your email address will not be published.

• A

Alison CruessOct 19, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Senator Harris will speak at UNF today.

• M

Mary Ann bryantOct 19, 2020 at 12:39 pm

Is UNF open to the public for Kamala Harris visit today?