UNF sees slight decrease in COVID cases

Nathan Turoff, Student Government Reporter

The number of COVID-19 cases at UNF has decreased since last week. From Oct. 16 to Oct. 22, the University reported a smaller number of 31 new student cases, and 6 new employee cases.

Previously, the University recorded 41 new student cases 2 weeks ago, with roughly one third of those cases occurring among students that live on-campus.

The decrease was primarily among students living off-campus, with 18 testing positive, compared with 27 the previous week. However, in regards to on-campus cases, there was only one less case than the previous week. 

While this may be good news in the short term, and it is nothing compared to the 100% increase in cases at the start of Oct., the fight is far from over and these numbers will only go down as long as the UNF community responsibly practices social distancing, wears masks, and monitors health.

Spinnaker will keep you updated.

___

• Members of the Student Fee Assessment Committee deliberate where a $0.43 fee allocation would come from.

General

SG committee members swing for the fences with fee proposal, Administration committee members expect rejection

• University of North Florida COVID-19 cases between Sep. 1, 2021 and Dec. 2, 2021, as reported by the UNF Student Health Center, accessible on the UNF Emergency Management site.

UNF’s fate in the face of Omicron uncertain

• Members of the Student Fees Assessment Committee discuss a proposal during their meeting on Dec. 2, 2021.

General

Committee to finalize student fees proposal Wednesday

• A visitor to the Shougang Park walks past the logos for the Beijing Winter Olympics and Paralympics in Beijing, China, Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021. China on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 threatened to take firm countermeasures if the U.S. proceeds with a diplomatic boycott of Februarys Beijing Winter Olympic Games. (AP Photo/Ng Han Guan)

General

AP: US plans diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympics

• Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

Election Coverage

Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

• The sky glows a gorgeous rosy red as the sun disappears over the horizon of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library parking lot.

General

Parking tickets turn digital at UNF

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

• Shekinah Mitchell’s mural ‘We Are All One’ hangs on the wall in the Intercultural Center’s lounge.

‘We Are All One’ mural on display in UNF’s Intercultural Center

• UNF lifts water advisory

General

UNF lifts water advisory

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.