2020 US Election update: Trump ‘very likely’ to win Florida

Kaitlyn Bowers, Features Editor

As the ballots for the 2020 Presidential Election continue to be counted, it seems that President Trump is closing in on a win in Florida. 

According to the Associated Press, as of 10:10 p.m., Trump is ahead by about 3 points, with 94% of the votes being counted. 

While some votes still need counting, it’s possible that Duval will be seven points to the left of Florida, which would mark the first time this has occurred since the 1980 election. 

In addition to the presidential election, Floridians are also voting on several other proposals, such as gradually raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour and requiring citizenship to be able to vote in Florida elections. 

While the New York Times cites the likelihood of Trump winning Florida as “very likely,” only time will tell who the winner will truly be. Spinnaker will offer more updates as they come. 

__

• Photo by Martin Sanchez via Unsplash.

UNF reports 178 cases last week

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet

• Meet the Candidates. Graphic by Carter Mudgett.

Meet the candidates: Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer interviews to begin

• Shot of an Osprey sports uniform sleeve.

Shorthanded Ospreys squad gives Florida State everything they can handle

• Lufrano Gallery installation created by Camryn Media. Photo by Carter Mudgett.

The Lufrano Intercultural Gallery’s new exhibit opens for students and faculty to view

• Of 336 votes, 60% of the respondents say UNF should keep classes in-person.

UNF students grapple with whether to return in-person

• Interim President Chally rejects student fees proposal, current student fees remain same

Interim President Chally rejects student fees proposal, current student fees remain same

• Courtesy of ABC

The Bachelor: Episodes 1 and 2 Recap

• Victoria Shore, Headshot courtesy of Student Government

Advisor Shore retires after 11 years at UNF

• Photo by Justin Nedrow

Strong second quarter propels Ospreys WBB past Kennesaw State

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

Your email address will not be published.