2020 U.S. Election Update: President Trump wins Florida, AP reports

Zach Yearwood, Managing Editor

President Trump has won Florida, the Associated Press reported at 12:35 a.m. Wednesday. The key swing state was considered a must-win in the president’s re-election bid.

Despite losing Duval County, the president managed to make up for it with a strong showing in the Miami-Dade area, gaining almost 200,000 more votes than he did in 2016, according to NBC News

All eyes are now on Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan, as the results in those three states will likely determine the outcome of the election. The president won all three in 2016 and looks to repeat that outcome.

Spinnaker will continue to provide updates on the 2020 Election results.

__

• Syril Karn (left, Kyle Soller) and Cassian Andor (right, Diego Luna) in Andor. (Courtesy of Lucasfilm)

Review: Booting the flashy heroes, ‘Andor’ turns the spotlight on ordinary people

• Photo courtesy of University of North Florida.

UNF rolls out plans for a dedicated graduate commencement ceremony, administrator says

• UNFs Counseling Center: Whats new?

UNF’s Counseling Center: What’s new?

• (Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash)

Thanksgiving: The importance of gratitude

• Hendricksen drives along the baseline

Men’s basketball suffers heartbreaking loss to Duquesne on buzzer-beater

• Miranda Padilla holds her 11-month-old son Grayson Sanchez while marking her ballot at a polling center in the South Valley area of Albuquerque, N.M., Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022 (AP Photo/Andres Leighton)

Midterms 2022: How young voters did this time around

• Placer drives towards the rim with defenders in pursuit

Men’s basketball fights back in final minutes to pick up win in home opener

• Volleyball player prepares to spike ball

Volleyball keeps postseason streak alive, falls to FGCU in ASUN tournament

• University of North Florida sign

Faculty, staff to receive $1,000 bonus and extra day off for Thanksgiving, UNF president says

• The Capitol is seen in Washington, Nov. 11, 2022. Republicans have won control of the U.S. House. A call by The Associated Press on Wednesday, Nov. 16, for Republican Mike Garcia in California’s 27th District secured the party the 218 seats needed for the majority.(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

The midterms have finished. What do the results mean?