Five helpful tips for exam week

Morgan Jeremy, Reporter

As we approach final exams this week, here are five helpful tips to make sure you ace your assessments.

Study using multiple methods

Research has proven that the way you study has a much more significant effect on your performance than the amount of time you spend studying. Therefore, it is important to utilize various methods until you find which one works best for you. Some examples of productive ways include making flashcards, reading your notes aloud, rewriting your notes and taking practice tests.

Take breaks

Studying the same material for extended periods of time can be extremely exhausting and, in some cases, counterproductive. Instead, break up your study time into smaller segments to maximize your productivity.

Get plenty of rest

Getting quality sleep is crucial when it comes to preparing to take your exams. It is recommended that college students get anywhere between seven to nine hours of sleep each night. 

Eat healthy and stay hydrated

Like sleep, a healthy diet has significant effects on your ability to focus, memorize material, and comprehend information. For a healthy college diet, nutritionists recommend getting lots of nutrients from fruits and vegetables and drinking 2.7 to 3.7 liters of water a day.

Be active

Because exercise activates the same part of the brain involved in verbal memory and learning, you are more likely to remember information if you exercise. According to health experts, even 10 minutes of walking per day can significantly improve your memory!

___

• A hand drops a dime into a piggy bank with bills and other coins littering the table

Ways to save for next semester and beyond

• The University of North Floridas prior president headshots are shown on the left next to president-elect Dr. Moez Limayem on the right.

Dr. Moez Limayem chosen as UNF president-elect, awaiting BOG confirmation

• A protestor speaks into a microphone at “The People’s Abortion Rally” for abortion rights in front of the Duval County Courthouse

Jacksonville activists join state-wide protests for women’s rights

• The University of North Florida Board of Trustees debates after finishing their four presidential candidate interviews

Developing relationships and diversity in higher education, the final day of presidential interviews

• University of North Florida Board of Trustee members listen to Marc Miller as he answers a question during his final interview

What is “uniquely UNF?”: First half of final presidential interviews conclude

• A thermometer is viewed on a wall behind the Kansas City Chiefs bench during the second half of an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019, in Jacksonville, Fla. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)

Jacksonville heat mapping project initiated by UNF professor

• The USS Orleck, moored on the North bank of the St Johns River.

The USS Orleck’s future in Jacksonville

• VJ Ibones (center) with members of his team

Osprey and entrepreneur: a UNF alum’s journey through the crypto world

• Courtesy of Osprey Racing’s Instagram. Posted on Dec. 15, 2021.

Osprey Racing prepares for national competition

• Graphic by Molly / Spinnaker.

Introducing UNF’s VR lab dedicated to cultural anthropology

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

Your email address will not be published.