UNF Senate approves Lyft Rideshare Program

Carter Mudgett, Government Reporter

UNF is poised to follow the example of colleges and universities across the country in supporting the transportation of students. Last week, the Budget and Allocations Committee approved the Lyft Rideshare Program bill, sending it for discussion in the Senate. 

Title of SB-21S-3544, screenshot taken from Perch Portal.

“Student’s will be allocated four rides a month with a discount of $7.00.” The discount “will be available to students who are picked up or dropped off in the following locations: St. Johns Town Center, IKEA, Southside Plazas, Downtown, and 295 to Atlantic Beach to the coast and JTB,” says Student Government. 

The Senate approved the bill in a unanimous vote. Students will be able to access the Lyft app to utilize the rideshare program. Lyft provides a wide range of safety and security measures, including but not limited to:

• DMV Background Checks on drivers
  • In-app 911 button
  • Critical Response Line open 24/7
  • Insurance Protection
  • Zero Tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy on drivers
  • Two-way ratings

“Passengers will never have a driver more than once if they rate with three stars or fewer” states the Lyft Rideshare Program presented to the Senate today about two-way ratings.

The earliest the program will be active is Feb. 8, but is entirely dependent on when the contract is officiated with Lyft. Further information can be found on the Student Government Instagram account and fliers posted around campus.

______

• The Tabacinic Campus for Jewish Life at UNF is located a short mile drive from the core UNF campus.

Fighting hate and antisemitsm, Holocaust museum travels to UNF next week

• Student union banner

Kick off 2023 with UNF’s event-packed week

• (Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash)

Thanksgiving: The importance of gratitude

• Entrance to Neckles’ Bless This House gallery at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) in Jacksonville.

MOCA artist Shervone Neckles shares the creative process behind her thought-provoking artwork

• Photo courtesy of Osprey Robotics

Club Spotlight: Osprey Robotics

• A rainbow flag waves at the starting line of a Pride Observance Month 5K run at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, June 21, 2019. The rainbow flag is displayed at lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer or questioning events worldwide as a symbol for diversity in the LGBTQ community. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Monica Roybal)

‘Perseverance and solidarity’: UNF Pride Club members discuss the history of Pride

• Oktoberfest information

Ozzie Oktoberfest: The 5 W’s to know

• The video game posters, featuring posters for Nintendo’s Metroid Dread and The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild, the former of which is one of “100’s” of new additions to their inventory, according to the sale

UNF poster sale this week

• A local’s guide to thrifting in Jacksonville

A local’s guide to thrifting in Jacksonville

• Interior of the Ogier Garden’s greenhouse.

Nothing beets the Ogier Garden’s hidden gems