Holocaust survivor Eva Schloss to speak at UNF

Hannah Lee, News Editor

Eva Schloss

Holocaust survivor and Anne Frank’s stepsister Eva Schloss will speak at the UNF Andrew A. Robinson, Jr. Theater March 7. UNF President John Delaney will facilitate the conversation and will interview Schloss.

Schloss survived the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp along with her mother. Her mother later married Otto Frank, the father of Anne Frank and sole survivor of the Frank family.  She has written two books describing her experience in the concentration camps.

After the event, students will have a chance to meet Schloss and buy her books, which she will be signing.

Schloss is coming to UNF under a sponsorship from the Chabad at Southside, a Jewish organization that focuses on educating and connecting Jewish young adults with their heritage. Rabbi Shmuli Novack co-founded the center with his wife Chana Novack.

“We are beyond thrilled to host Mrs. Schloss for this historic evening,” said Chana Novack “This is the last generation of youth who will have the opportunity to meet with survivors of the Holocaust, let alone with Anne Frank’s stepsister. We are so grateful to Mr. Delaney for his participation.”

Shmuli Novack stated that they are looking for other UNF departments and student clubs who would like to help co-sponsor the event. Those who are interested should call Novack at 904-646-4434.

__