Delaney talks about performance metrics in Osprey Update

Alexandra Torres-Perez, Managing Editor

UNF President John Delaney sent out an Osprey Update on Jan. 9 to both welcome students back for the spring semester and to inform students about UNF’s performance metrics.

According to Delaney, UNF will be able to receive performance-based funding due to a projected jump of an astounding 26 points. This will bring UNF to a total of 84 points, which in previous years placed other universities in the top slots to receive the funding.

“That would be the largest single increase by any school since the plan has been in place,” Delaney stated in the Osprey Update. “I’m so appreciative of faculty and staff who have dedicated long hours to improving our standings in each category.”

Though 84 points was enough in the previous years, things can always change. Changes in the metrics could always occur, and Delaney warned that “nothing is final” until the Board of Governors and Governor Rick Scott make it final.

“I have to say, I feel really good this year, and I couldn’t be more grateful to everyone on campus for truly making students our first priority,” Delaney said.

Hannah Lee
Osprey Update sent by UNF President John Delaney

__