Lend-A-Wing reopens after renovations

Hannah Lee

Photos by Lili Weinstein

The newly renovated Lend-A-Wing pantry is now open for students to use. After three months of renovations, brand new refrigerators, a freezer, new shelving and new ADA-compliant cabinets were installed.

Three workstations that used to house Ozzie’s Closet were removed, and Ozzie’s Closet was moved to Career Services. The new space made room for the new renovations, and also allows students to see what items are available in the pantry.

Along with the renovations, the pantry will no longer have a weight limit. Students can pick up a number of food items, and the limit is now per category. For example, students can pick up a maximum of three soup cans.

Future plans for the pantry include getting a permit from Feeding Northeast Florida, an organization based in Jacksonville, to get more food to feed students at a lower cost.

The pantry is located at Hick’s Hall Room 1202, and is open five days a week. On Monday and Wednesday, the pantry is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The pantry is open from 11 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and on Friday from 10 a.m. to noon. Students can also access premade bags by going to the Student Government rotunda.