UNF Student Government hosts Jaguars pre-registration party at John Delaney Student Union

Drew McDonald, Sports Editor

**UPDATE 7/18/18 10:34 a.m.: An original version of this article stated that both students and staff lined up for tickets. The article has been corrected, however, as staff could not pre-register because tickets are for students only.

UNF students lined up Monday morning to pre-register for Jaguars season ticket sales and participate in the festivities being held. The first 100 students and staff who pre-registered at the union will receive a free ticket to the Jaguars preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday, August 25.

Students could spin the wheel and win Jaguars swag
Photo by Drew McDonald

The ROAR of the Jaguars cheerleaders was on campus and posed for pictures with students. Students could spin the prize wheel at the promotions truck to win Jaguars swag like beads or koozies and also play Madden 18. Students and faculty hoping to buy an individual ticket to the home opener against the New England Patriots on Sunday, September 16, are out of luck. Those tickets are only available if season tickets are purchased. The Jaguars are coming off a phenomenal 2017 season where they reached the AFC Championship for the first time since 1999. The season starts on Sunday, September 9, in Metlife Stadium as the Jaguars take on the New York Giants.