New $5,000 award to be given to 20 faculty leaders

Hannah Lee, Editor-in-Chief

$5,000 will soon be awarded to 20 “Presidential Faculty Leader Awards,” according to an Osprey Update sent by President David Szymanski.

The Presidential Faculty Leader Award is an annual award which reflects UNF’s efforts to recognize and advance faculty leadership in excellence across the University, according to the description.

“Recipients of the Presidential Faculty Leader Award exhibit extraordinary effort, skill and leadership in teaching and at least one other area of faculty responsibility and are model faculty who promote student success and create an environment of open, collaborative, and respectful inquiry that is vital for our programs,” the Osprey Update said.

Szymanski will be working with the president of the Faculty Association, Academic Affairs and college deans to pick 20 individuals.

All tenure-track, tenured, or non-tenure-track full-time faculty members are eligible. Visiting faculty and faculty administrators (including chairs) are not eligible for this award.

The reward will be spread out over two years.

Anyone can nominate a faculty member; however, self-nominations will not be accepted.

To nominate a faculty member, click here. The last day to turn in nominations will be Sept. 17. Awards will be announced around Oct. 1.