Weekend Sports Recap

Khorri Newton
Softball

Women’s Soccer

After losing 3-0 to Lipscomb, the Ospreys defeated North Alabama, 2-0,  with key goals from Freshman Kendra Hoffman and Sophomore Thais Reiss. UNF currently sits in seventh place in the ASUN, their next match is at noon on Sunday, Oct. 21 at Liberty.

Volleyball

The UNF Volleyball team had a stellar performance in their matches against NJIT and North Alabama.

The Ospreys defeated NJIT in three straight sets, holding the Highlanders to a -.008 hitting percentage. Redshirt-Sophomore Gabby O’Connell led the team in kills with 10, Senior Madilyn McCarty recorded 29 assists.

The last match of the weekend was against North Alabama and the Ospreys were up for a battle. The match went a full five sets and UNF emerged victorious. Sophomore Devyn Wheeler hammered out 19 kills and Sophomore Madison Donnelly recorded 26 digs. Those two wins propelled UNF to sixth place in the ASUN standings.

The Ospreys travel to Fort Myers to play FGCU on Oct. 19 at 7 p.m.

Softball

The Ospreys faced the Florida Gators in a scrimmage on Friday, Oct. 12 and lost, 9-3. UNF is home Friday, Oct. 19 against Central Florida Community College at 3 p.m.

Men’s Soccer

The UNF Men’s Soccer team beat cross-town rival, JU, 2-1 with key goals from Sophomore Collin Scott.

With that win, North Florida is now third in the ASUN standings. The Ospreys play the Stetson Hatters on the road on October 20 at 7 p.m.