First Senate meeting focuses on upcoming Student Government elections

Alex Del Dago, Student Government Reporter

With the spring semester now in full swing, UNF Student Government Senate started the term off strong on Friday. With a number of agenda items being placed on hold over the break, the senators were eager to get back to work.

Some changes occurred over the break, including one justice resigning and the director of Lend-A-Wing stepping down after eight months on the job. Director Allister Young left a lasting impression on UNF with his work in the food pantry and looks forward to seeing where it will go in the future.

In terms of politics, with this semester marking the last term of Jenna DuPilka’s presidency, the search for new presidential candidates is on. Political parties have until Jan. 22 to register their party for the upcoming election.

Due to the continuing search for new Provost being pushed into the ballroom, the presidential debate will now be held in the Andrew Robinson Theater on the 22nd.

The meeting concluded with senate members establishing goals for the upcoming semester. Following the meeting, the senators finished up the second half of orientation for new senators and dismissed.

The next Senate meeting will take place on Friday, Jan. 25.

__