Uni News

Lianna Norman, Editor-in-Chief

Welcome to Uni News, Spinnaker’s rundown of the top stories of the week – every Friday at 3 p.m. On this podcast, our team will give a quick recap of the news room’s favorite stories that week. All stories mentioned in the podcast will be available in the links below if you’d like to read more. You can also listen to our podcast air on 95.5 fm WSKR every every Friday at 3 p.m.

Hélène Góes is fired up about the Amazon

The Amazon Rainforest is still on fire, and Hélène Góes’ family can smell the smoke. Góes is a student at the University of Florida, and is a Brazilian-American dual citizen, who has spent much of her childhood in the State of Amazonas with her family…read more here.

The River City Rumble kicks off this weekend

It is no secret that the rivalry between Jacksonville’s two division one universities is rather intense. Known as the River City Rumble, the fight for the “Old Wooden Barrel” is something that both Jacksonville University and UNF students look forward to every year…read more here.

UNF & the vaping epidemic: A generation going up in smoke?

You’ve heard the horror stories of young adults with breathing issues. You’ve seen the pictures of cloudy lungs perforated by black spots. You likely have even heard of the vaping-related deaths — seven as of September 17, 2019, according to the CDC. But where does UNF stand on the issue?…read more here.

__