Broomstick challenge declared to be nothing but a myth

Heydi Ortiz, Managing Editor

You might’ve heard about a tweet that claimed NASA said Monday was the only day you could make your broom stand up due to the Earth’s gravitational pull. But, if you tried the challenge yourself and were amazed by your broom’s abilities, know that you can make your broom stand whenever you want. NASA has declared it’s all a myth.

According to  NBC News, the myth comes from an old wives’ tale that claims that eggs are able to balance on their ends every year on the vernal and autumnal equinox. 

May you make your brooms stand up once again.

_

• (freestocks/Unsplash)

It’s officially cuffing season, celebrate the holiday season with some date ideas!

• Blessing Offor performing at the Saint Augustine Amphitheatre in Saint Augustine, Florida on November 2nd, 2022.

Through the eyes of a photographer: November

• Harry talks to the town mayor, {Courtesy of SyFy)

Review: ‘Resident Alien,’ the best science fiction comedy TV show

• Syril Karn (left, Kyle Soller) and Cassian Andor (right, Diego Luna) in Andor. (Courtesy of Lucasfilm)

Review: Booting the flashy heroes, ‘Andor’ turns the spotlight on ordinary people

• UNFS Counseling Center entrance

UNF’s Counseling Center: What’s new?

• (Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash)

Thanksgiving: The importance of gratitude

• Miranda Padilla holds her 11-month-old son Grayson Sanchez while marking her ballot at a polling center in the South Valley area of Albuquerque, N.M., Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022 (AP Photo/Andres Leighton)

Midterms 2022: How young voters did this time around

• FILE - The Twitter splash page is seen on a digital device, Monday, April 25, 2022, in San Diego. On Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022, Twitter continued to bleed engineers and other workers after new owner Elon Musk gave them a choice to pledge to “hardcore” work or resign with severance pay. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull, File)

“Only time will tell”: The future of Twitter under Elon Musk

• Leftwich at her graduation, receiving her Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition, photo courtesy of Jamisha Leftwich

Professors before they were professors: Jamisha Leftwich

• Entrance to Neckles’ Bless This House gallery at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) in Jacksonville.

MOCA artist Shervone Neckles shares the creative process behind her thought-provoking artwork