UNF names Bob Greenlaw as COVID-19 Taskforce Coordinator

Courtney Green, Managing Editor

Bob Greenlaw has been appointed as UNF’s COVID-19 taskforce coordinator, according to a UNF Marketing email sent on Tuesday, July 7.

In the email, Greenlaw is identified as an “experienced emergency management leader” with 40 years of experience in command level positions. Greenlaw has been a member of the Osprey community as a emergency manager since 2017.

As the COVID-19 taskforce coordinator, Greenlaw will “serve as the lead point person in coordinating the University’s fall reopening efforts and ensuring that reopening plan deliverables are met for a safe and healthy campus environment. Greenlaw will coordinate with the University’s working groups that are currently collaborating on activation plans to safely reopen the campus in the fall. He will ensure that there is flexibility, consistency and proper execution among these activation plans as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change and unfold.”

UNF’s campus closed in late March and moved instruction to online-only. Last month, the Florida Board of Governors approved plans to reopen universities in the state for the Fall 2020 semester.

___

• The NOAA forecast cone for Tropical Storm Ian as of 11 a.m. Saturday.

Gov. DeSantis issues state of emergency as Tropical Storm Ian strengthens

• Senators in the SG Senate Chambers

UNF SG Senate passes two fiscal bills, welcomes two additional members to their branches

• UPDs new Ford Explorers circa 2016.

General

UNF student finds anti-semitic symbol on dorm door

• The current NOAA depression forecast cone for Tropical Depression 9.

Tropical Depression 9 forms, will approach Florida “at or near major hurricane strength”

• Photo by Justin Nedrow

‘You can go back in time’: UNF reveals interactive map for 50th anniversary

• Students with umbrellas, rain coats and a pride flag gather around a preacher on the Green

Students raise concerns for their safety on campus in discussion on campus preachers

• In this Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022, photo taken by an individual not employed by the Associated Press and obtained by the AP outside Iran, protesters chant slogans during a protest over the death of a woman who was detained by the morality police, in downtown Tehran, Iran. Iranians saw their access to Instagram, one of the few Western social media platforms still available in the country, disrupted on Wednesday following days of the mass protests. (AP Photo)

Associated Press

AP: Iranians see widespread internet blackout amid mass protests

• Oktoberfest information

Ozzie Oktoberfest: The 5 W’s to know

• Frank German stands on the mound

Baseball

Former Osprey pitcher makes it Major, debuts with Red Sox

• Soccer player high fives teammate

Men’s soccer breaks through, picks up first win of season