UNF honors Veteran’s Day

Darvin Nelson, News Editor

Featured grapphic by Erika Romanczuk.

In honor of Veteran’s Day, UNF President Szymanski will be giving a special message on Instagram (@unfmvrc) today. There will also be an array of honoring events throughout the rest of the week, including a display with over 1,000 American flags.

This week of Valor will continue with MVRC representatives placing 1,325 American flags on the UNF Green to represent the current UNF military-affiliated students. The flags will stay up all week and urge Ospreys to thank their peers for their service to our country.

On Thursday, Nov. 12 at noon, each military service branch will be recognised on the Military and Veterans Resource Center Instagram (@unfmvrc).

On Friday, Nov. 13 at noon, the Military Student of the Year will be announced on the Instagram page. At 1p.m. a Student Veterans of America video will be posted. The Veterans Day flag display on the Green will end at 3 p.m.

__

• Student union banner

It’s homecoming week at UNF. Here’s what you need to know

• The Tabacinic Campus for Jewish Life at UNF is located a short mile drive from the core UNF campus.

Fighting hate and antisemitsm, Holocaust museum travels to UNF next week

• Courtesy of UNF Creative Writing.

UNF Creative Writing hosting Wainright Award Celebration and Talon Review Open Mic

• UNF Women’s Center Womens Center event calendar advertisement, courtesy of UNF Women’s Center.

Women’s History Month begins today, events to look out for

• Cast members for the Swoop Troupe production of the Lightning Thief after a run of the show.

Lightning in the theater: A first look at The Lightning Thief

• Black History Month graphic by Spinnaker Creative Services.

Black History Month

Black History Month 2022 UNF calendar of events

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet

• Graphic by Spinnaker Creative Services Team.

Join Jacksonville at this year’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade

• Shot of the front of the University of North Florida entrance and fountain. Courtesy of the UNF Athletics website.

UNF kickoffs their 50th anniversary celebration with an event full of games, prizes, and giveaways

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect