The Ozzies set for return to campus to honor student-athletes.

Riley Platt, Reporter

Awards show season is in full swing, and the UNF Ospreys are no exception. The university’s athletic department will have the spotlight when the 2021 Ozzies come to UNF Arena.

This event is designed to recognize Ospreys from all sports and their achievements throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. The ceremony will take place on Wednesday, April 14, on-campus at UNF Arena. While the show is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m., doors will open an hour prior, and admission is free of charge.

While previous years events have been held at the fine arts building, this years event will be at the UNF Arena to promote social distancing

Categories include Most Improved Athlete, Best Individual Performance and Best Team Performance. Each category will have a male and female winner, with four nominees for each award. While this is an athletics event, classroom efforts of Ospreys won’t go unnoticed, thanks to the Scholar-Athlete of the Year award. 

This is a relatively new UNF tradition, with the inaugural Ozzies taking place in 2018. Be sure to check out the complete list of nominees to see which of your favorite Ospreys are contending for each award. Follow along with Spinnaker for the latest on all things UNF athletics.

____

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Twitch Streaming: Handling hate raids and DDoS attacks

• Solimar Cestero (7), Julianna Askew (5), and teammates celebrate after a kill during the ASUN tournament. Photo by Jeremiah Wilson.

Ospreys continue historic journey through volleyball postseason

• Photo courtesy of Amazon.

“A Man Named Scott” movie review

• University of North Florida COVID-19 cases between Sep. 1, 2021 and Dec. 2, 2021, as reported by the UNF Student Health Center, accessible on the UNF Emergency Management site.

UNF’s fate in the face of Omicron uncertain

• Members of the Student Fees Assessment Committee discuss a proposal during their meeting on Dec. 2, 2021.

General

Committee to finalize student fees proposal Wednesday

• Osprey Fountains, photo courtesy of Housing and Residence Life

Updated: UNF Osprey Fountains evacuated over ‘malfunctioning fire alarm’

• Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

Election Coverage

Jacksonville special election happening Tuesday: Candidates and voting locations

• The sky glows a gorgeous rosy red as the sun disappears over the horizon of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library parking lot.

General

Parking tickets turn digital at UNF

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.