The Ozzies set for return to campus to honor student-athletes.

Riley Platt, Reporter

Awards show season is in full swing, and the UNF Ospreys are no exception. The university’s athletic department will have the spotlight when the 2021 Ozzies come to UNF Arena.

This event is designed to recognize Ospreys from all sports and their achievements throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. The ceremony will take place on Wednesday, April 14, on-campus at UNF Arena. While the show is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m., doors will open an hour prior, and admission is free of charge.

While previous years events have been held at the fine arts building, this years event will be at the UNF Arena to promote social distancing

Categories include Most Improved Athlete, Best Individual Performance and Best Team Performance. Each category will have a male and female winner, with four nominees for each award. While this is an athletics event, classroom efforts of Ospreys won’t go unnoticed, thanks to the Scholar-Athlete of the Year award. 

This is a relatively new UNF tradition, with the inaugural Ozzies taking place in 2018. Be sure to check out the complete list of nominees to see which of your favorite Ospreys are contending for each award. Follow along with Spinnaker for the latest on all things UNF athletics.

____

• FILE - Rapper Kanye West speaks during a meeting in the Oval Office of the White House with President Donald Trump, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, in Washington. Kanye West was escorted out of the California headquarters of athletic shoemaker Skechers Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022 after he showed up unannounced. Skechers says West, also known as Ye, also engaged in unauthorized filming at its corporate headquarters in Manhattan Beach and was escorted out by two executives. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)

OPINION: Does canceling really work?

• (freestocks/Unsplash)

It’s officially cuffing season, celebrate the holiday season with some date ideas!

• DeSantis

The future of DeSantis’s “Stop Woke Act” in Florida after federal judge ruling

• Blessing Offor performing at the Saint Augustine Amphitheatre in Saint Augustine, Florida on November 2nd, 2022.

Through the eyes of a photographer: November

• Harry talks to the town mayor, {Courtesy of SyFy)

Review: ‘Resident Alien,’ the best science fiction comedy TV show

• Chaz Lanier drives to the rim

Men’s basketball thrashes Trinity Baptist with all-hands-on-deck performance

• Emma Broermann goes to the rim

Women’s basketball falls short, suffers tough loss to Saint Joseph’s

• Tim Weah celebrates following opening goal of USMNTs World Cup experience

Student Government hosting World Cup watch party on campus

• Syril Karn (left, Kyle Soller) and Cassian Andor (right, Diego Luna) in Andor. (Courtesy of Lucasfilm)

Review: Booting the flashy heroes, ‘Andor’ turns the spotlight on ordinary people

• Photo courtesy of University of North Florida.

UNF rolls out plans for a dedicated graduate commencement ceremony, administrator says