No Nazis at UNF counter protest planned for Monday

Alexandra Torres-Perez

UPDATE 11/19 @ 8:01 p.m.:  The protests will now take place at Alumni Hall at 8:30 a.m. Ken Parker’s disciplinary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m.

CORRECTION: SDS is not the organizer of this rally, as we previously stated. We take corrections seriously and apologize for the error.

There will be a “No Nazis at UNF”  rally at Founder’s Hall on Monday at 8 a.m. “to tell these Nazi scum they are not welcome at UNF.”

The rally was organized in response to a white nationalist rally coming to UNF Monday morning to support suspended student and former KKK Grand Dragon Ken Parker, who posted a selfie a himself with a large French rifle on Facebook.

In an interview with Spinnaker, Parker said he did not intend to threaten anyone. However, UNF President John Delaney said the context of the photo was threatening to the safety of students.

“Me sharing a picture of me with a firearm from the privacy of my own home was not implying a threat whatsoever,” Parker said.

The details on the No Nazis at UNF Facebook event page reads: “It is time for the Students of UNF to come together and show the world we opposse [sic] Nazism and hate, even when the administration has failed.”

Both rallies are supposed to be non-violent, but UNFPD and JSO officers will be present on campus for security reasons according to Deputy Chief Bill Strudel.

Spinnaker will update with more information as it becomes available.

__