Former UNF student Ken Parker publicly apologizes and denounces white supremacy

Parker confirmed Monday he no longer attends UNF

Sam Chaney

*Correction: A previous version of this article said that Parker declined to identify the church he is affiliated with. He has since identified the church as All Saints Holiness Church.

Both the political landscape and overall safety of the UNF campus were called into question during the Fall 2017 semester when a UNF student and former Grand Dragon of the KKK, Ken Parker, posted a photo of himself with an AR-15 to Facebook.

Ken Parker’s threatening photo that lead to several conduct hearings.

Parker, who was also formerly associated with the neo-Nazi National Socialist Movement, had ultimately been banned from stepping foot on campus after being charged with several student conduct violations. The threatening photo also prompted UNF students to organize a “No Nazis at UNF” rally in November. 

Parker’s original suspension from campus had been overturned following his initial conduct hearing in November, allowing him to finish the fall semester from a physical distance. However, according to Parker, another two-year long suspension had reportedly been placed at the final of three total conduct hearings, prompting him to leave UNF and attend a different institution in the spring.

He declined to specify what institution.

The decision to transfer schools has not been the only major change in his life. Parker said he has also become acquainted with an African American pastor in his apartment complex and has chosen to take his life in another direction as a result.

“I’ve since gotten out of the white supremacy movement completely, 100 percent,” said Parker. “I was supposed to go to a [neo-Nazi rally]  in Newnan, GA this weekend and on the 17 of this month the Holy Spirit was telling me not to go, so I left the entire movement. I’m completely done with the white supremacy garbage. I’m at an all-black church and I’m in my Bible every day, praying.”

He identified the church as All Saints Holiness Church in Southside Jacksonville.

Parker told Spinnaker returning to the Bible has caused him to question the anti-Semitism he once promoted in the KKK and neo-Nazi party, stating he does not believe he broke any laws, but he does believe what he did was both morally and Biblically wrong.

“I would like to apologize to the UNF community and the community of Jacksonville as a whole,” Parker said. “For the past six years, I’ve been practically single-handedly promoting this hate in the Jacksonville community… and I just want to apologize if I led anybody to hate or anger or if I hurt anyone in any way, shape or form.”

This change in heart, Parker credits all to God.

“I apologize from the bottom of my heart,” Parker said. “It’s not what Jesus would have done [and] I feel I need to start following, not being this little leader of the Klan group or the Nazi organization… So there’s this hateful lifestyle that I’ve been living, and it’s wrong, and I’m done with it.”

When asked if Parker anticipated experiencing any future difficulties as a result of his prior conduct, he said only that he was going to leave it in God’s hands.

“I’ve made enough trouble for myself,” he said. “And all I can do is just keep on going.”

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Former UNF student Ken Parker publicly apologizes and denounces white supremacy”

1. Chuck on April 23rd, 2018 10:57 pm

I call bullshit. This is a stunt designed to reclaim a professional ethos, which the man has none of.

[Reply]

2. Bullshit on April 24th, 2018 11:35 am

I agree with you Chuck, this is purely an act of damage control. Furthermore, I wouldn’t be surprised if he shot up that all black church he pretends hes happily attending.

[Reply]

3. whoa on April 24th, 2018 3:47 pm

You two have some superpowers of mindreading. Tell me more, oh great teachers!

[Reply]

4. Sexual Chocolate on April 25th, 2018 12:27 am

Seems legit. He’s going from one extreme to the other. Obviously he’s desperate to fill a gaping void inside, and since the hateful nazi crap wasn’t working, he figured he’d try the exact opposite of all of that.

I’m betting the emptiness isn’t something he’s going to ever fill, but I hope his search leads to more positive outlets like colleges and even churches versus the darker corners of cowardice and ignorance and hatred.

[Reply]

5. P. Lope on April 25th, 2018 2:04 pm

If Ken Parker is sincere let’s hope he reaches out to Life After Hate:

https://www.lifeafterhate.org

“Through our program ExitUSA, we help radicalized individuals disengage from extremist movements and begin the process of deradicalization. Our own unique experiences position us in the best place possible to understand the challenges and support needed to assist those who want to leave, or who have already left an extremist movement on their own. “

[Reply]

• Former UNF student Ken Parker publicly apologizes and denounces white supremacy

Learn to start your own business at the How to STARTUP Your Own Business Seminar

Local weather update: Potential tropical system could lead to continued rainfall

Learn how to save money at the Certified Financial Planner Information Session

National Police Week recap: Does UNFPD make students feel safe?

Police Beat: Suspicious bag and a stolen sign

Student Government: Changes to the election code and discussions on the future of OZ Fest

Local traffic update: Road collapse on Beach Blvd. near Hodges Blvd.

Traffic advisory due to local high school graduations

UNF Associate professor misused thousands of dollars in university funds

UNFPD hosting classes on women’s self defense