Former UNF student Ken Parker publicly apologizes and denounces white supremacy

Parker confirmed Monday he no longer attends UNF

Sam Chaney

*Correction: A previous version of this article said that Parker declined to identify the church he is affiliated with. He has since identified the church as All Saints Holiness Church.

Both the political landscape and overall safety of the UNF campus were called into question during the Fall 2017 semester when a UNF student and former Grand Dragon of the KKK, Ken Parker, posted a photo of himself with an AR-15 to Facebook.

Ken Parker’s threatening photo that lead to several conduct hearings.

Parker, who was also formerly associated with the neo-Nazi National Socialist Movement, had ultimately been banned from stepping foot on campus after being charged with several student conduct violations. The threatening photo also prompted UNF students to organize a “No Nazis at UNF” rally in November. 

Parker’s original suspension from campus had been overturned following his initial conduct hearing in November, allowing him to finish the fall semester from a physical distance. However, according to Parker, another two-year long suspension had reportedly been placed at the final of three total conduct hearings, prompting him to leave UNF and attend a different institution in the spring.

He declined to specify what institution.

The decision to transfer schools has not been the only major change in his life. Parker said he has also become acquainted with an African American pastor in his apartment complex and has chosen to take his life in another direction as a result.

“I’ve since gotten out of the white supremacy movement completely, 100 percent,” said Parker. “I was supposed to go to a [neo-Nazi rally]  in Newnan, GA this weekend and on the 17 of this month the Holy Spirit was telling me not to go, so I left the entire movement. I’m completely done with the white supremacy garbage. I’m at an all-black church and I’m in my Bible every day, praying.”

He identified the church as All Saints Holiness Church in Southside Jacksonville.

Parker told Spinnaker returning to the Bible has caused him to question the anti-Semitism he once promoted in the KKK and neo-Nazi party, stating he does not believe he broke any laws, but he does believe what he did was both morally and Biblically wrong.

“I would like to apologize to the UNF community and the community of Jacksonville as a whole,” Parker said. “For the past six years, I’ve been practically single-handedly promoting this hate in the Jacksonville community… and I just want to apologize if I led anybody to hate or anger or if I hurt anyone in any way, shape or form.”

This change in heart, Parker credits all to God.

“I apologize from the bottom of my heart,” Parker said. “It’s not what Jesus would have done [and] I feel I need to start following, not being this little leader of the Klan group or the Nazi organization… So there’s this hateful lifestyle that I’ve been living, and it’s wrong, and I’m done with it.”

When asked if Parker anticipated experiencing any future difficulties as a result of his prior conduct, he said only that he was going to leave it in God’s hands.

“I’ve made enough trouble for myself,” he said. “And all I can do is just keep on going.”

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Former UNF student Ken Parker publicly apologizes and denounces white supremacy”

1. Chuck on April 23rd, 2018 10:57 pm

I call bullshit. This is a stunt designed to reclaim a professional ethos, which the man has none of.

[Reply]

Ex-NS Reply:

Do you realize how much danger he is in right now from other Nazis and Klanners right now? Leaving NS isn’t like leaving the Boy Scouts or dropping out of the Book of the Month club.

[Reply]

2. Bullshit on April 24th, 2018 11:35 am

I agree with you Chuck, this is purely an act of damage control. Furthermore, I wouldn’t be surprised if he shot up that all black church he pretends hes happily attending.

[Reply]

3. whoa on April 24th, 2018 3:47 pm

You two have some superpowers of mindreading. Tell me more, oh great teachers!

[Reply]

4. Sexual Chocolate on April 25th, 2018 12:27 am

Seems legit. He’s going from one extreme to the other. Obviously he’s desperate to fill a gaping void inside, and since the hateful nazi crap wasn’t working, he figured he’d try the exact opposite of all of that.

I’m betting the emptiness isn’t something he’s going to ever fill, but I hope his search leads to more positive outlets like colleges and even churches versus the darker corners of cowardice and ignorance and hatred.

[Reply]

5. P. Lope on April 25th, 2018 2:04 pm

If Ken Parker is sincere let’s hope he reaches out to Life After Hate:

https://www.lifeafterhate.org

“Through our program ExitUSA, we help radicalized individuals disengage from extremist movements and begin the process of deradicalization. Our own unique experiences position us in the best place possible to understand the challenges and support needed to assist those who want to leave, or who have already left an extremist movement on their own. “

[Reply]

Rock Reply:

Ken is seeking counsel from the Creator and wise and G-dly men.

Does not the Creator know how to repair His own creation?

[Reply]

6. Tbone on April 26th, 2018 9:46 am

I agree with “whoa”. The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord…

[Reply]

7. ROn becks on April 26th, 2018 10:14 pm

What wasso threatening about the photo?? Just a guy with a rifle. Black thugs pit photos like that on facebook all day They are only calling it threatening because he is white.. thats the bias of the jew media

[Reply]

8. ROn becks on April 26th, 2018 10:15 pm

This whole thing was probably a jew set up from the start to try and discredit white nationalism. Wake up america and look at whos filling your prisons and welfare lines.

[Reply]

9. Rock on April 27th, 2018 10:33 am

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

Acts 1:8

@UNF and Jacksonville

[Reply]

10. Parker's Aunt on May 11th, 2018 2:26 pm

I am this idiot’s Aunt, and have known him since he was born. Even as a toddler there was something very wrong with him and he has gotten progressively worse with each passing year. He is a raging alcoholic, by the way. His father was a sociopath and a narcissist (also an on again off again alcoholic all of his life until he died from heart disease) so the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Each time he gets himself into trouble, he professes to have found the Lord. This time he has few allies as his entire family has disowned him. I imagine he is also getting death threats and is on the FBI radar screen. He lies with impunity and the only person who believes his lies are his mother (my sister) who is also very messed up from being married to his father for 38 years because she did not work, and his father kept her on a short leash and physically and mentally abused her.

But do not feel sorry for this little asshole, because he is not one bit sorry for what he did–this is just another act to get sympathy. I told my own sister that her son is a demon seed.

[Reply]

11. Ex-NS on May 14th, 2018 8:37 pm

Ken, please reach out to Life After Hate. You are going to go through a lot and you need to deal with why you were with the NSM in the first place. Not a lot of people understand the mindset and you will need support. Also, check out groups that help people out of cults (because that’s what WN is). You also need to stop listening to & calling into the NSM radio shows. WN are now your enemy.

You can do this!

All the best to you and your fiance’,

EL

[Reply]

• Former UNF student Ken Parker publicly apologizes and denounces white supremacy

The Osprey Cafe hosts Meal Membership Sorting Hat event

Reserved parking in Arena Garage

David Hicks, major UNF contributor and philanthropist, dies at age 82

UNF to host an Environmental Equity Seminar

Click it or ticket: Seat belt safety on campus

UNF nursing students to host Wellness Workshop

UNF recognized as one of the top five schools in the country for affordability and LBGTQ friendliness

Ozzie’s Closet has relocated

UNF recognized for having one of the “Most Affordable Online Child Development Degrees”

UNF ranked in top 50 for nursing Programs