UNF Alum and local teacher charged for distributing child pornography

Hannah Lee

*UPDATE: 10/22 Jordan Schemmel is not a graduate student at UNF however he did graduate from UNF in 2003, according to the University.

A 37-year-old teacher at Terry Parker High School and alum of UNF was arrested Friday after being accused of distributing child pornography.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the FBI began to investigate Jordan Frederic Schemmel on Sept. 5 after an individual using the username Profsunrise15 responded to a message posted by an undercover agent on an internet bulletin board frequented by individuals with a sexual interest in children.

Profsunrise15 sent the agent a video depicting a young child being sexually assaulted and later sent a photo showing similar actions. Investigators learned the IP address used by Profsunrise15 was linked to Schemmel’s residence.

On Friday, FBI agents and other law enforcement officers executed a federal search warrant at Schemmel’s residence and seized several items of computer media and at least one iPhone.

Schemmel’s smartphone and a thumb drive found in his home contained images and videos depicting child pornography and bestiality, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Prosecutors said that during an interview with law enforcement officers, Schemmel admitted that his Kik username was Profsunrise15, that he had sent the child-pornographic video using the Kik app and that he had previously tried to stop viewing child pornography.

Schemmel told agents he would feel ashamed after viewing child pornography and would delete or walk away from it, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. He said he had tried to stop viewing porn several times and thought it was fair to compare his attraction to it as an addiction.

Schemmel told agents he thought his child porn activities were fantasy and that he would never hurt a child.

Schemmel faces five to 20 years in federal prison and a potential life term of supervised release.

According to his Facebook, Schemmel has been the International Baccalaureate program coordinator at Terry Parker since February 2017. Also according to his Facebook, he started graduate school at UNF for Educational Leadership this past August, however the university has disproven this claim.

Hannah Lee, Editor in Chief

Hannah Lee is a senior studying journalism and psychology. Besides staying busy at Spinnaker, she enjoys her time with her family and watching true crime...

1 Comment

One Response to “UNF Alum and local teacher charged for distributing child pornography”

1. Jake41 on October 20th, 2018 5:24 pm

It is remarkable how many educators become involved in this.

For a rational and fair minded scientific journal discussion of the issues in this news story, Google “Effects on Boy-Attracted Pedosexual Males of Viewing Boy Erotica”

Regarding “harm,” Google “The Missing Mechanism of Harm”

You can also Google “Childhood ‘Innocence’ is Not Ideal:”

For a scientific journal discussion of “Willingness,” especially as it relates to boys, Google “boyandro” or “The Role of Androphilia in the Psychosexual Development of Boys”.

A downloadable 94 page book is available free by Googling “Beyond Hysteria: Boy Erotica on the Internet.”

For an even more in-depth examination, Google “Myths of Childhood Sexuality”

• UNF Alum and local teacher charged for distributing child pornography

Police Beat: A stolen textbook, large amounts of money and a stolen skateboard

Trump to colleges: Back free speech or lose funds

Dorm doors failing to close

How UNF prevents misuse of funding

Former UNF President gives his take on college admissions scandal

Osprey Roundtable shows students are made uncomfortable by campus preachers and speakers

Board of Trustees discusses cutting students costs and adding a new Masters program

Temporary Shuttle Stops added to the Library and Student Union

Spring Break: What’s open on campus?

UNF Pride Club hosts a clothing swap