Flames rally late for the series sweep over the Ospreys

Down 2-1 in the bottom of the eighth, the Flames scored five runs en route to a 6-2 win over UNF for a series sweep.

Khorri Newton
An Osprey trots toward first.

Both starting pitchers were dealing on the mound as Freshman Jospeh Adametz tossed six innings of two-run ball and punched out seven. Senior Nick Marchese went four and a third innings allowing one earned run and four hits while striking out three batters.

Liberty got on the board first in the bottom of the third with an RBI double to right by Redshirt-Junior Jonathan Embry for the 1-0 lead.

Senior Jay Prather got the Ospreys offense going by plating a runner in the top of the sixth on a groundout to second which tied the game at one. Junior David Maberry added another run for UNF in the top of the seventh  by ripping a double to left to score one as the Ospreys led, 2-1.

That lead was short lived when the Flames scored five runs in the bottom of the eighth, highlighted by solo home runs by Junior Trey McDyre and Sophomore Will Wagner which led to a 6-2 win.

Worth Noting

The Ospreys were set down on strikes ten times in the loss.

Redshirt-Junior Eddie Miller was hooked with the loss after allowing two earned runs in three innings of relief.

The loss drops UNF to 16-14 (2-4 ASUN) and the win improves Liberty to 20-6 (4-1 ASUN).

The Ospreys head home to Harmon Stadium to take on the Bethune-Cookman University Wildcats on Tuesday, April 2 at 6:05 pm.

__