Student Government discusses the passing of three bills

Samantha Addy, Student Government reporter

On Friday, May 31, the Student Government Senate gathered to hear the remarks of the public, discuss the passing of three bills, and appoint a new associate justice and senator.

One Stop Director, Theresa Chesney, spoke briefly before the Senate, discussing the changes she has implemented, including the hiring of new employees and the addition of a concierge desk that assists students in joining the proper queue, as well as the changes she plans to introduce including: the ability to schedule appointments online, online chats, and decreased wait times.

The first bill recognized UNF Student Kyle Dubrava for his bravery during the incident on April 30, 2019 and awarded him with a $1,000 scholarship. The second bill allowed for the installation of additional security measures (including electronically locking doors and roller shades) at select locations on campus. The final bill would provide the funding to purchase and install two projectors in the Senate Chambers. All three bills were passed unanimously.

After being forwarded to the Senate for a vote by the Government Oversight Committee, Thomas Pluchon and Anthony Hall were unanimously voted in and appointed as Associate Justice and Senator, respectively.

__