“No Trump! No KKK! No Fascist USA!”: Students for a Democratic Society hold anti-neo-Nazi speakout

Kaitlyn Bowers

Ethan Mclaughlin, Reporter

“No Trump! No KKK! No Fascist USA!” 

The Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) held a speakout protesting the presence of neo-Nazis on UNF campus. At the speakout, there were poetry readings, declarations of disgust towards the administration, and multiple call and response segments. 

The speakout comes just one week after SDS’s attempt to drop a banner stating “Neo-Nazis Not Welcome Here,” which was taken down possibly due to a paperwork issue.

Over the past few weeks, there have been neo-Nazi posters allegedly appearing on campus, stating things such as “It’s  Okay To Genocide Subhumans” and “The Struggle Never Ends. Join The F.K.D.” The posters have garnered the attention of SDS and the University, despite efforts to locate the alleged posters failing. Thus far, only students have reported seeing the posters.

Earlier this month, the SDS posted a tweet condemning these posters and pledging to fight fascism. A week following the presence of the posters becoming known campus-wide, President Szymanski sent out an email stating that the university rejects hatred and does not condone the Nazi views. 

If you have any information or locate a poster, contact UPD at (904) 620-2800.

_