Bubble concerts: the newest way to enjoy live music

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

If you’re missing the sound of blaring music and live shows, you’re in luck. Bubble concerts might be something to look forward to in your future.

Earlier this week, the band “The Flaming Lips” released a music video of one of their concerts. While you’d think that this is no big deal, there’s a catch—everyone is in a bubble.

While using a bubble is a hallmark for the frontman Wayne Coyne, the band decided to add a bit extra to their stage show to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a result all of the band members as well as every member of the audience were encased in separate bubbles. If you’ve ever seen the movie “Bubble Boy” with Jake Gyllenhaal, then that’s all you’ll need to picture.

The Flaming Lips

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Coyne went into great detail of how the band would have the audience members line up outside the venue to get inside their bubbles.

So if you’re really missing the atmosphere of going to a live show and hearing the screams of the crowds and the amazing music, this could be a trend that other artists and bands decide to do to get people back into live shows.

__

• Student union banner

It’s homecoming week at UNF. Here’s what you need to know

• Kanopy logo

UNF’s secret free streaming service: Kanopy

• The Tabacinic Campus for Jewish Life at UNF is located a short mile drive from the core UNF campus.

Fighting hate and antisemitsm, Holocaust museum travels to UNF next week

• Pentatonix performed for a packed Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022.

Pentatonix bring Christmas tour and holiday spirits to Jacksonville

• Singing for his church initially inspired Karim to learn English and continue performing (Photo courtesy of Karim Zabaneh)

“Keep on pushing:” A UNF student and his voice

• Harry talks to the town mayor, {Courtesy of SyFy)

Review: ‘Resident Alien,’ the best science fiction comedy TV show

• Syril Karn (left, Kyle Soller) and Cassian Andor (right, Diego Luna) in Andor. (Courtesy of Lucasfilm)

Review: Booting the flashy heroes, ‘Andor’ turns the spotlight on ordinary people

• Jar of Flies album art by Alice in Chains

Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains, an album review

• Phones capture DeSantis and Luke Bryan on stage

Country artist Luke Bryan brings tour to Jacksonville, DeSantis makes special appearance

• Kenzie sings

Gallery

Kenzie’s Place wins UNF’s 2022 Battle of the Bands