Bubble concerts: the newest way to enjoy live music

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

If you’re missing the sound of blaring music and live shows, you’re in luck. Bubble concerts might be something to look forward to in your future.

Earlier this week, the band “The Flaming Lips” released a music video of one of their concerts. While you’d think that this is no big deal, there’s a catch—everyone is in a bubble.

While using a bubble is a hallmark for the frontman Wayne Coyne, the band decided to add a bit extra to their stage show to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a result all of the band members as well as every member of the audience were encased in separate bubbles. If you’ve ever seen the movie “Bubble Boy” with Jake Gyllenhaal, then that’s all you’ll need to picture.

The Flaming Lips

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Coyne went into great detail of how the band would have the audience members line up outside the venue to get inside their bubbles.

So if you’re really missing the atmosphere of going to a live show and hearing the screams of the crowds and the amazing music, this could be a trend that other artists and bands decide to do to get people back into live shows.

__

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet

• Courtesy of ABC

The Bachelor: Episodes 1 and 2 Recap

• Graphic by Spinnaker Creative Services Team.

Join Jacksonville at this year’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ spoiler free review

• Shot of the front of the University of North Florida entrance and fountain. Courtesy of the UNF Athletics website.

UNF kickoffs their 50th anniversary celebration with an event full of games, prizes, and giveaways

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Twitch Streaming: Handling hate raids and DDoS attacks

• Photo courtesy of Amazon.

“A Man Named Scott” movie review

• Photo courtesy of The Game Awards.

The Game Awards 2021: How to watch & what to expect

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

• Mural of a person holding books.

UNF Library introduces ‘Stress Management’ online resource display

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.