How to celebrate the holidays while social distancing

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

With Christmas and the New Year around the corner, it’s important to spend time with your family. Keeping in mind the importance of social distancing, here are some fun ways you can spend your holiday while staying safe.

Holiday cards

One way to stay connected during the holidays while also social distancing is by making holiday cards. Holiday cards can help make these trying times a little less lonely for those who are spending the holidays alone.

Courtesy of Unsplash

Decorate the front door

Whether you’re in an apartment or a house, you can make your front door the most festive looking one on the block by putting up a few lights and any other festive decorations.

Courtesy of Unsplash

Decorate a gingerbread house

Another classic fun holiday activity you could do while staying safe is building a gingerbread house. Not only do you get to bake, but you can also show off your architecture skills.

Christmas movie night

If you’d like to stay in and relax with a nice holiday movie, that’s also a great thing to do during the holidays. Doing a watch party is also a nice option to connect with friends and extended family like “Netflix Party” or “Hulu Watch Party.” All that’s required is both viewing parties have a Netflix or Hulu account and are using Chrome for Netflix.

Courtesy of Unsplash

Seeing lights

If getting out of the house peaks your interest, what better way to kill a few hours than to get a cup of hot chocolate and drive around to see the holiday lights with your family?

Bake holiday cookies

Whether it be cookies or any other festive treats, baking is a great way to spend the holidays with family. 

With the holiday season here, spending time with family and enjoying the holiday season is important. It is also important to stay safe in these difficult times. So happy holidays and remember to stay safe.

__

• Career fairs can help UNF students and alumni prepare to enter the workforce and establish valuable connections with employers. (Photo courtesy of Career Services)

UNF’s career fairs are a ‘no-brainer opportunity’

• Several companies set up booths run by female representatives. (Photo courtesy of PS27)

UNF and PS27 host Female Founders Forum for aspiring female entrepreneurs

• The Green, located at the center of UNFs campus, is a popular spot for students trying to relax between classes. A smaller school than UF or FSU, many students can find quiet spots across campus to study, read and hang out.

Some UNF students having trouble with academic advisors

• Patrick Mahomes keeps his super bowl MVP mentality as he had another strong performance in the first game of the season. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

Watch party on a budget: The sports editor’s guide to Super Bowl Sunday

• (Rachel Bacchus)

UNF hosting several events for Homecoming 2024

• A female African lion at the Jacksonville Zoo. Lions can be found on the main path of the Africa loop. (Rachel Bacchus)

A guide to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens

• A dog with the Campus Canines program.

Stressed? You may want to visit the Campus Canines

• Author Gina Caserta (right) and her debut memoir In Fifty Pages or More (left). (Photos courtesy of Gina Caserta)

How a UNF graduate student is continuing the college sexual assault prevention conversation

• Protesters chant as a line of approximately 50-75 police cars leave the Adam W. Herbert University Center Tuesday night.

Chants, police and metal detectors: Michael Oren’s visit to UNF

• Text reads INTERFAITH on top of four ink splotches in UNFs colors of dark blue, light blue and gray. Two hands together in prayer is on a white circle on top of the ink and beneath the text

Religious students feel ignored by Student Government after Interfaith Space removal