How to celebrate the holidays while social distancing

Erik Feliciano, Reporter

With Christmas and the New Year around the corner, it’s important to spend time with your family. Keeping in mind the importance of social distancing, here are some fun ways you can spend your holiday while staying safe.

Holiday cards

One way to stay connected during the holidays while also social distancing is by making holiday cards. Holiday cards can help make these trying times a little less lonely for those who are spending the holidays alone.

Courtesy of Unsplash

Decorate the front door

Whether you’re in an apartment or a house, you can make your front door the most festive looking one on the block by putting up a few lights and any other festive decorations.

Courtesy of Unsplash

Decorate a gingerbread house

Another classic fun holiday activity you could do while staying safe is building a gingerbread house. Not only do you get to bake, but you can also show off your architecture skills.

Christmas movie night

If you’d like to stay in and relax with a nice holiday movie, that’s also a great thing to do during the holidays. Doing a watch party is also a nice option to connect with friends and extended family like “Netflix Party” or “Hulu Watch Party.” All that’s required is both viewing parties have a Netflix or Hulu account and are using Chrome for Netflix.

Courtesy of Unsplash

Seeing lights

If getting out of the house peaks your interest, what better way to kill a few hours than to get a cup of hot chocolate and drive around to see the holiday lights with your family?

Bake holiday cookies

Whether it be cookies or any other festive treats, baking is a great way to spend the holidays with family. 

With the holiday season here, spending time with family and enjoying the holiday season is important. It is also important to stay safe in these difficult times. So happy holidays and remember to stay safe.

__

• The cast of Hamlet receives applause from the audience after their performance at MOCA Jacksonville.

A closer look at UNF Shakespeare’s Hamlet

• Meet the Candidates. Graphic by Carter Mudgett.

Meet the candidates: Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer interviews to begin

• Lufrano Gallery installation created by Camryn Media. Photo by Carter Mudgett.

The Lufrano Intercultural Gallery’s new exhibit opens for students and faculty to view

• Courtesy of ABC

The Bachelor: Episodes 1 and 2 Recap

• Victoria Shore, Headshot courtesy of Student Government

Advisor Shore retires after 11 years at UNF

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ spoiler free review

• What is staying open at UNF over winter break?

What is staying open at UNF over winter break?

• Graphic by Majdouline Bakor.

Twitch Streaming: Handling hate raids and DDoS attacks

• Photo courtesy of Amazon.

“A Man Named Scott” movie review

• Courtesy of Marvel Studios.

‘Hawkeye’ episode 3, a spoiler review

Spinnaker intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, slurs, defamation, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Comments will be removed if they do not adhere to these standards. Spinnaker does not allow anonymous comments, and Spinnaker requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.