Lights-out pitching propels Ospreys in win over Wildcats

With a pitching showcase by Senior Nick Marchese and Redshirt-Junior Eddie Miller, the Ospreys defeated the Wildcats, 3-1.

Brett Nweeia
Junior Tanner May times the pitch

Marchese was dealing early as he held the Wildcats scoreless in the first three innings.

The Ospreys got on the board in the top of the fourth on an RBI double to left by Junior Tanner Murphy which scored one. Senior Alex Reynolds chipped in with an RBI single to right to score another run for the 2-0 Osprey lead.

Shortly after that rally by the Ospreys, the Wildcats scored a run on their own in the bottom of the fourth as Redshirt-Senior Zach Spivey scored on a fielding error by Sophomore Abraham Sequera at short, cutting the lead to 2-1 Ospreys.

Marchese was pulled after the sixth inning where his final stat line was six innings of work, allowed one unearned run, and struck out six.

Miller was called in to relieve Marchese and was electric on the mound, holding the Wildcats off of the scoreboard for three innings.

Junior Tanner Clark added an insurance run in the top of the eighth for UNF on an RBI single to right for a 3-1 Osprey lead and was the final nail in the coffin for the Ospreys win.

The Ospreys now improve their record to 11-7 and the Wildcats are now 7-9.

UNF returns home for a weekend series against Columbia starting on Friday, March 15 at 6:05.

Worth Noting

Marchese improved his record to 2-0.

Miller earned his fourth save of the season after his three inning outing where he allowed one hit and struck out four.

Seniors Wes Weeks, Jay Prather, and Junior Tanner Clark recorded multi-hit games in the win over Bethune-Cookman.