Fall fashion on a budget

Jessica Volz, Reporter

Fashion month is halfway down the runway and the first day of fall is four days away, so let’s talk fall fashion on a budget. 

The 2019 Fall/Winter trends graced the runway with oversized angelic draping, cinched waistlines and some fur. During New York’s Fashion Week, big name designers such as Christian Dior, Givenchy, Saint Laurent, Versace, Gucci and more debuted their collections in hopes of influencing the style game. 

If you want to recreate some of these looks for yourself, check out these hot retailers for trends on the cheap.

Forever 21 has everyone covered when it comes to fur tops trends similar to this piece in Marc Jacobs collection. Bonus: its a fraction of the price. The retailer also captured the angelic essence that flowed downstage with lightweight airy-like dresses. Finally, they seemingly incorporated this years trending colors in the store men’s department. 

Nordstrom Rack is another cost effective retailer that will allow let anyone build a trend-setting look with designer labels. This retailer is known for its “everyday up to 70 percent off deals” and selling those big name fashion designers that see hit the stage this month. 

Stay ahead of the fashion game and be sure to check out NYFW.com and see what’s trending for the following season.

__

• “Earth is now our only shareholder” Patagonia owner gives away billion-dollar company to fight climate crisis

Business

“Earth is now our only shareholder” Patagonia owner gives away billion-dollar company to fight climate crisis

• Courtesy of SG.

Fashion

Lend-A-Fit has opened, Student Body Vice President Grosso explains the goals of the initiative

• Photo by Nicola Styles on Unsplash.

Fashion

WHM: Highlighting five women-owned beauty businesses

• Photo by Lance Asper on Unsplash.

A guide to neighborhoods in Jacksonville and what to expect from them

• Image courtesy of Anastase Maragos via Unsplash

A guide to Jacksonville thrifting

• Closeup of mouth biting onto a long acrylic nail with text that says Claws.

Fashion

UNF Alumni goes from art history degree and small nail business to hit TV show on TNT

• Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Fashion

OPINION: Why fast fashion should be your last resort

• Woman on the Street: Low-Rise Jeans

Woman on the Street: Low-Rise Jeans

• The struggle: What am I going to wear to Thanksgiving?

Fashion

The struggle: What am I going to wear to Thanksgiving?

• Graphic by Sam Chaney

Shopping tips for people who dread the mall